The mission of Keener is a renovation plan which creates a product that is consistent and easy to replicate, acquire durable materials in bulk from reliable suppliers and obtain installation labor efficiencies from a repeated process across our portfolio.
- Renovated units must be materially better than traditional units to realize increased rents
- Select inexpensive but durable materials with attractive appearance to sustain Class B/C tenants for 4-5 year hold period
- Reduce future make-ready costs of renovated units in the future (increase NOI)
- Limit the number of vendors for procurement efficiencies
- Insource installation labor (avoid subcontracting)